It’s been a long but rewarding weekend for both the Innovation Labs team and our amazing participants that have been working intensely for developing their prototypes and business concepts.
Last night, the 30 finalist team refined their products following the advice of our trusted mentors that joined us in the program. They have been working with professionals and industry leaders and they also received the advice of our alumni that joined us late last night to share their expertise and lessons learnt during Innovaton Labs 1.0.
This morning everyone was tired but looking forward to see the results of their intense work. The 30 finalists now had the challenge to pitch in front of the jury. Todi Pruteanu (Business Strategy Manager Microsoft Romania), Julien Ducarroz (Chief Commercial Officer Orange), Crina Ţenovici (Head of Data and B2B Communication Orange), Raluca Georgescu (Co-Organizer E-Commerce Awards Gala GPeC), Teodor Ceauşu (Country Manager IXIA România), Andrei Pitiş (business angel and associate professor of the Politechnics University), Cristi Badea (Co-Founder of Mavenhut), Ioana Petrescu (Associated Professor University of Maryland) or Lucian Gramescu (Operations Manager Junior Achievement Romania).
The 3 minutes pitches were impressive, reflecting the amount of work invested by our teams into making their products successful. The jury had the difficult mission of choosing the 16 teams that are going to enter the Innovation Labs 2.0 pre-acceleration program. After deliberation and negotiation, they finally agreed on the next 16 ideas that will change the world.
And the winners are:
- TrafficVoice, app that offers realtime access to the huge information exchange delivered trough CB radios by professional drivers
- Candy Crushers, an Android App which helps people manage medical treatments
- Coffee Coders, web and mobile app for facilitating real estate transactions
- CookBuddy, a mobile app that helps you cook by diving the recipe in simple steps and interacting with users using voice commands
- eHonk, app that alerts you when you parked in a wrong place
- GetITDone, Microsoft Surface App for musicians and people that are passionate about music
- MooseBlasters, mobile app that measures your alcohol level
- Nivalis, app that helps identify customer behaviour through shopping patterns and location activity
- Openmind, retail analytics platform
- TeamFeature, API that can be easily integrated in websites and it’s used for scheduling
- Thot, social app in which people can show their availability to carry packages from one city to another
- UpRise, app that provides social interaction over fulfilling commitments
- WebSeers, app that uses social media and videogames to determine trends
- Cageware, team that builds a cross-platform application that helps farmers sell their grain production to any granary they like, at the desired price
- Cakebreak: photo sharing app that allows you to pick the right pictures and friends to share them with directly from your smartphone
Tomorrow, our finalists are going to officially start the program with an orientation day where they are going to find out more about the structure of Innovation Labs 2.0 and what our expectations are from them. For the next 3 months, they are going to attend TechTalks (open discussions with professionals and tech experts) and mentoring sessions that are going to support them in their efforts of building great tech products with disruptive potential.
Stay tuned: we’re getting ready for the Innovation Labs Hackathon in Cluj that is going to take place next weekend! Registrations are still open, so hurry up and join us http://2014.innovationlabs.ro/register/